CT: Relentlessly Optimistic

I know, guys, I know. I owe a post. But in all honesty, I just don't have a post in me. I can't, in good conscience, talk about something nerdy I love or a concert we've been to. I don't have our usual quippy take on pop culture in me. And what's the point of a blog if you can't be honest? What's the point in writing at all if you're not honest?

I wasn't shocked by the results of the election, I wasn't surprised. But I am, as my family likes to say, relentlessly optimistic and I believed in my heart that we were a country that wouldn't choose a leader as violently racist, sexist, homophobic, and xenophobic as Donald Trump no matter what he promised to do for us. And my optimistic heart was broken. I'm deeply sad, and scared for us, and not at all hopeful about the future of our country.

I'm sure that soon I'll be back to my relentlessly optimistic self. I'll be ready to fight the many, many fights that are coming our way in the weeks and months and years to come. But for now I'm hiding out a bit, listening to music that makes me feel calmer (Johnny Flynn if you're curious), trying to fill my heart with art that will heal it a little, and holding the people I love close. There are lots of resources out there if you're a few steps ahead of me and looking for ways that we can combat the hate that's coming. If you're there, jump in. I'll be right behind you.

Be good to each other. Wear a safety pin to let people know that they're safe with you.

We have a lot of work to do.

Much love,
CT

Comments

Popular Posts