Movie Crush Monday: Little C and The Sandlot

Guys I threw a tiny but very substantive hissy fit when I couldn't find a movie I wanted to write about. Mostly because what I really wanted to write about was another Keanu Reeves movie but CT already used him as a connection. So while she got ready to be a functional adult for the day, I screwed around on the internet until I found it. The connection that fixed everything. I'm following Art LaFleur to The Sandlot.


Oh boy this movie. It's such a pivotal part of my childhood that I almost don't know how to talk about it. It's the story of a boy named Scotty Smalls who moves to a new neighborhood  and joins in a pickup baseball game with the local boys. It's a funny, brilliant picture of friendship and growing up. 




The big climax of the scene comes when Smalls and his friends all have to confront Mr. Mertle in order to get their baseball back from his dog. They figure out that this scary, reclusive guy and his big, scary dog are not the monsters that they think they are. By actually interacting with someone they thought was scary, they found out that they had a lot in common and made a new friend. *cough* thinly veiled metaphor *cough* 



Enjoy a little nostalgia everyone. 
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts