Little C: Eff This

Readers, this week has been a bitch. A big one. My friends and family have all spent the week in a daze, CT and I have been barely functional depressives, and then to top it all off losing another music idol when Leonard Cohen died... I'm out, kids. This year has officially broken me. I quit.



No, I'm not quitting life. Or the habit I've developed of pouring my emotions out over the internet. Real people suck, and cyber friends are way easier. I mean that I'm done getting my ass kicked by the monster that is 2016. If high school taught me anything it's that when you're facing something that's determined to be a bully, you can really freak them out if you get back up smile really big and say "What else you got?" You wanna come for me, worst year ever? Great. Bring it. Cuz you know what I'm giving up on? I'm giving up on getting hit without hitting back.



I've been a big fan of the punk scene for a long time. As a young, slightly emotionally unbalanced teenager the best lesson that being around the scene taught me was this: the minute you let someone ruin your day, they win. They've got the power and you're picking up the pieces. So if you're going to be in a position to take a hit, be smart enough to know how to fight back. Not physically. Practically. If someone's going to insult who you are or what you stand for, you need to be brave enough to start arguing with them and smart enough to win.



So you want to throw this shitty election at me? Great. I'm making several donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU under the names of every politician that's threatened women, Mexicans, black, LGBT, or Muslim people this year. And I'm making sure that each and every one of those bastards gets a "Thanks for your contribution" card in the mail. If I'm forced to grieve yet another artistic loss? Fine. But I'm going to go out and find two more bands that I've never heard of but whose music I can't live without. My friends and family might be scared, but when we join forces we are the smartest, most driven, pushiest force of nature you've ever met. And now we've found a deep well of motivation and as they say in the homeland, we've got our cowboy up.



So today I'm looking at the rest of this year and saying "We both know that at the end of the day Donald Trump was not your Trump card and you are waaaaaay to much of a pansy-assed lilly-livered son of a bitch to actually use a giant meteor to take out the Earth. You're winning, but you're not going to win." So at least for what looks to be the next four years I will be actively looking for creative, meaningful, and sometimes vindictive ways to make my point known in this world. If anyone has any suggestions hit me up.

Hey 2016, what else you got?
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts