Little C: Time for Vampires!

So we went to see the newest (and supposedly last although that's been promised before) Underworld movie. I've loved these movies since I was a baby 13 year old who smuggled herself into the R rated movie with the help of a friends older sister. I never let a rating stop me from seeing something, much to the chagrin of my parents. And now, all these years later Underworld: Blood Wars has come.



The world of the movies is so much fun. It's full of Gothic architecture and over the top costumes, and fight scenes that go on a full ten minutes past when they could have stopped. In short it's one of the few monster movie series that really embraces what made Dracula so iconic. I've been hooked on these movies ever since. Plus I have a not so small crush on Kate Beckinsale who spends all four movies in these kick ass leather costumes. Everyone else also had pretty cool costumes in this including the northern valkerie style vampires who's outfits I drooled over. Whoever is in charge of the costuming department for these movies is a damn hero.



Plus this movie managed to work in all of my favorite British actors who are not currently on Game of Thrones. Laura Pulver and Bradley James snark at each other for whole scenes. Charles Dance is frickin delightful and perfect as he always is. I mean, he was in the last one too because the man has committed to doing a vampire movie every three years and it was time. I for one have missed most of his "serious" acting roles but I have caught every scifi or nerdy thing he's graced. Once again, this movie was better for him appearing in it.


The movie was everything I wanted. It was over the top and the dialogue is bonkers and altogether glorious. Our whole theater cheered at the start of the final fight scene. After an abysmal two months of very serious and dramatic movies it was so nice to just have fun in a movie again. 

Happy Watching
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts