Little C: The Defenders

Readers, something nerdy this way comes. The teaser for the new Netflix foray into the Marvel 'verse dropped a few weeks back but they finally graced us with a full trailer for The Defenders. And three quarters of it are glorious, but that was to be expected.

One of these people is the WORST
source

The regular followers here may have been a little confused by our complete lack of coverage on Iron Fist when it came out. We heart talking about superhero stuff even when the talk turns to why it didn't work, but we were radio silence on that one for one very good reason. Neither of us could manage to watch it. And not in a "I'm super behind on that but I totally want to catch up so keep your spoiler filled mouth shut" kind of a way. The character of Danny was so obnoxious that I quit two episodes in and I don't think CT made it through the pilot. And we LOVE this world of minor super heroes in New York. I loved every blood spattered second of Daredevil, we aspire to Jessica Jones level of sass and bad assery and Luke Cage... we can't discuss that without devolving into a series of barely intelligible rants about the characters and the cinematography. But we all know it only takes one bad element to derail a team (looking directly at Ward as I type this) and we have been trying to ignore the deep fear that Iron Fist would drag the Defenders down.

sourced from IO9


And then this happened. More of this please. If I had to describe the character of Danny Rand in one word it would be punchable. We can only hope this behavior spreads to the rest of the team and the stand in a circle knocking this idiot around like a pinball in between fighting crime and fixing the city. May he limp pitifully into the finale and then retire to somewhere never to bother us again. Did I mention that I found him irritating? I have no mercy for characters that get in the way of me enjoying my stories.

I'm excited to see what's gone on in the lives of Matt, Jessica, and Luke since we last caught up to them, so I will be tuning in when this show drops in August and I will let y'all know how it goes. May there be many long fights in hallways and over the top fight scenes!

Happy watching,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts