Little C: Got Those Finale Season Blues

Readers, I'm not going to lie to you. All is not well in our base camp at the moment. Tis the season to end the TV seasons and CT and I are not emotionally prepared for the amount of stress that this month has brought into our lives. Stories are hitting fever pitches of emotion left right and center. Characters are dropping like flies. Even the comedies have managed to work in big emotional goings on because until this week most of them didn't know if they were getting another year.

source

So it's safe to say the CT and I are little neurotic bundles of un-dealt with feelings right now. The Underground and Riverdale finales were last week (please no questions, we are not ready to discuss either except to say that Cheryl Blossom and her drama are precious and must be preserved), the Supernatural finale is tomorrow and is two hours long so you know that means they're killing someone off, and the DC 'verse shows all end next week at which point I will need a good therapist. Especially if Barry doesn't get his time traveling ass back and FIX WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!

Yeah, we're all sad Barry, FIX IT
source

Sorry. I'm trying to stay as far away from spoilers as I can because I know we are not all caught up. And it's not really what I want to talk about anyway. We are soon headed into the season where all the brand new shows release trailers and speculation about what next season will bring can begin. But until that happens we have three weeks filled with the writers for every show that's wrapping up doing their best to put you on the edge of your seat because they want the guarantee that you come back for another year. They think that makes it okay.

source

This can be overwhelming for those of us who follow more than one show closely. I for instance while getting caught up on Into the Badlands had to pause the tv, walk into the kitchen, and mutter a string of truly inventive obscenities about the actions of one of the characters under my breath while I made myself some tea. It's important to take breaks. I can sense that this week is going to put my inner fangirl in a whirlwind of tears, so I am accompanying my finale watching with some whiskey to help provide a small distance between me and my feelings. But anything from tea and alcohol to friends or even a pet. Whatever makes you feel less like you're going to send a rage filled, spittle flecked letter to the showrunner that says insulting things about their mother. Find that, and bring it with you. We're all gonna get through this together.

Watch safely
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts