Little C: Wonder Woman

Holy crap readers, it's almost here. We are T-minus two days to Wonder Woman's release into theaters and my god it's been so long since I've been this excited for a movie. Both CT and I are usually found firmly residing on team Marvel, but an exception can be made when it looks this cool.
I was never super into Wonder Woman as a child. The 90s were all about the X-men for us so CT and I were much more likely to pretend play as Jubilee and Rogue than we were Diana Prince. I'm guessing that's mostly a generational thing, since the new DC comics verse and the animated Justice League have revived the love for everyone about five years younger than us. And since this movie was announced and I've done a little more research I can officially say I'm a little sad that tiny Caitlin missed out. Mostly because she would have worn the hell out of a WW headband...
sourced from IMDB
They released a 13 minute behind the scenes featurette which I have watched three separate times today because goddamnit I needed something nice that makes me happy! The shots of the set and the interviews that the cast and director give are spot on perfection. Yes I know that a PR person is standing just off camera with a set of cue cards and a taser in order to get this level of perfect interview but hot off the heels of Chris Pratt's tour of poorly chosen answers I will celebrate that PR person and their wrangling skills. They have managed to get us to opening weekend without anyone on their cast making it to the nerdy shit list. It's an amazing feat and one that we rarely see anymore. It feels good to be able to go in to a summer movie without a bad taste in my mouth from the press dance leading up to it. 

Wonder Women
sourced from IMDB

I'm sure that I will be waxing nerdily about this film for many moons, so I feel I should issue a small warning. If you are not now, nor have you ever been a chick, your opinion about this movie will only be half listened to at best. If you currently or have ever felt the need to issue a positive opinion about Suicide Squad or Batman V Superman: Two Hours of Boring your opinion is entirely invalidated and I will feel the need to get right in your face and scream as loud as I can any time you talk to drown you out. 

Happy Watching,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts