Little C: Sleep is for.... The People Who... Sleep?

Readers, I tried valiantly all day to write a post about something nerdy and relevant. I tried to make a whole big deal about the Deadpool series that got announced and the band I've been getting into... I can't. I'm exhausted in a real way, and it's something that's not likely to change any time soon.

source

I've been fighting battles with insomnia since I was a little kid. Even in early elementary school I rarely got my head down before midnight. It's just the way my brain is wired, I guess. The flip side has always been that on my days off if I don't set an alarm I can sleep well into the afternoon to even out the small losses I rack up the rest of the time. Not exactly the most healthy system in the world but for 27 years it's been my system.

Except in the last month that is no longer the case. My brain still insists that we are not falling into the arms of unconsciousness before the early hours of the morning, but now it also snaps my eyes open at 7:30am everyday singing a rousing rendition of "Good Morning to You" that has me seriously considering how bad a frontal lobotomy would actually hurt... I'm only mostly joking.

My brain refuses to supply the Mark Pellegrino
source
So here I am, running on coffee and sheer force of will. Those who tell me to cut out coffee better have a solution that will allow me to drag my useless behind through a day without it and be willing to put up with the hell beast I will become... I may have offered to throw CT from a moving car for suggesting it last week. My left eye has been twitching pretty steadily for the last three days. I am in a stalemate with my own brain. I'll let you know next week who wins. 

Na-Night!
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts