Movie Crush Monday: CT & The Decoy Bride

When it's super hot in Los Angeles, I often like to imagine that I'm somewhere nice and cool, and doing something pleasant. Like perhaps the Scottish Highlands, planning a wedding and meeting adorable authors wandering around in the wild. Which brings me to my Movie Crush this week:

Image from IMDb

The Decoy Bride is one of those simple, adorable, British love stories that I just can't help but fall for every single time. We're following Kelly Macdonald over from Hitchhiker's Guide, and she is absolutely charming in The Decoy Bride. I wish she worked more in the States, because she's one of my favorite actresses. She's awkward but in a way that makes her relatable, not precious.

Image from IMDb
Then there is the rest of this amazing cast. David Tennant plays an author whose pinnacle work is set on the island where Macdonald lives in Northern Scotland, despite never having been there. Alice Eve plays his actress fiance, who wants to have their wedding on the island. Michael Urie plays her agent and reminds all of us of how much we miss seeing him in Ugly Betty ever week (so much, we miss him so much).
Image from IMDb

The movie is hysterical and touching and weirdly realistic for a romantic comedy. Kelly Macdonald and David Tennant have the most fantastic chemistry, and I just rooted for them immediately.

Okay, this is a short post, I know, but listen guys Baby Driver is finally out and my heart is crying for some Edgar Wright genius in my life. You understand, right? Just watch The Decoy Bride. It's awesome and you'll love it.

Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts