CT: Finding Joy in 2016

Hello and Hapoy New Year! 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Little C and I had a great trip home, although we're always a little more exhausted after a trip like that than we were before it. Anyone who can explain those physics to me gets a high five and a Kitkat. 

The last year has been filled with all kinds of adventures for us, both good and bad. But as we start to look forward to 2016, I wanted to let you all in on a little routine I have. Each year, instead of picking New Year Resolutions, I choose a word to go after in the next year. For example, a few years ago I decided to say "yes" to more things (which is how I wound up at a One Direction concert), or how last year I decided to be more "brave" (which is how I wound up quitting my very stable job). 

This year, I decided that my word is going to be Joy. 

In the midst of the many, many changed I've gone through this year, along with some family situations, I feel like I've let a lot of my joy slip away. Not like I've been sad all the time or anything, it's just that so much of the time I've been stressed or busy or stuck in the mire of life. 

So, this year I'm going to be deliberate about choosing the things that bring me joy. Cait and I are starting a few new projects that I'm so, so excited about, and I think there are a lot of good things coming down the tracks for us this year. And besides, I live a pretty amazing life, and I think taking the time to recognize that is the first step in making joy part of your day to day. 

I hope you are all just as excited for 2016 as I am! 

Happy New Year!
CT




Comments

Popular Posts