Little C: Ode To Anthony Stewart Head

Hello there readers,
It's been a while since either CT or I went on an extended rant about how much we love something, so I think I'm overdue. Today's subject of my affection is an actor I grew up watching. One I still follow because he's still that good. I'm speaking of course of the superb Anthony Stewart Head.

AKA Rupert Giles

CT and I were religious Buffy fanatics from the shows first season, and one of the best characters in the show was Giles. At first he came off as a sort of stuffy uptight librarian who helps train Buffy to take on demons. By season two a huge chunk of the shows humor and warmth came from Giles. And then in season 4 the gang stumble on him performing at a coffee shop, and well...


we all felt the shift in our perception happen

Turns out Anthony head is also a fantastic singer. Because life is unfair and talent tends to pool deeper in some people and there's nothing we can do to fix how truly unfair that is. He also sang in the musical episode of the show as well as having a band on the side. He starred in Repo: The Genetic Opera which was flawed as Hell but you better believe I watched every frame. I had to. Giles was in it. And while we're on the subject of musicals. 


He played Frank N Furter in Rocky Horror. I would have murdered to see this live, but as it plays in my head it's perfection. I've spent the better part of the last few years stalking him on every streaming platform I could find. He's hysterical in Free Agents and Little Britain, he's delightfully slimy in Dominion, he's... kind of an asshole in Merlin but I still cried when Uther dies. (Doesn't count as a spoiler. the myth is literally 1600 years old). 


So thank you, Mr. Head for everything you've given to TV. I can't wait to see what you do next. Also if anyone finds any recordings from his time in Rocky Horror, I'm gonna need to give those a listen. 

Happy Watching,
Little C



Comments

  1. This is the single, not the original, and I'm sure you've heard it, but just in case...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uq2vaP2cLU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts