CT: Happy Friday

Well friends, my year of searching for Joy is starting off swimmingly! I know we're not all the way through January yet, but we're rounding the corner so I thought I'd let you all in on a few of the things that have brought me all the joy this month: 

The first thing is that over the last month I've gotten the chance to spend quite a bit of time with a friend's newborn. She is the world's cutest thing ever and I am remembering how amazing it is to take care of a baby. There's nothing quite like it!! 

In the world of TV, we've all been granted the return of Agent Carter, and not a minute too soon. We've written before about how much we love Peggy Carter and we've been so excited for this second season. It's such a different feel from the other Marvel shows, but in context it really, really works! 

In the very same week, we got our first taste of The CW's Legends Of Tomorrow. Now The CW has really been stepping up  their TV game in recent years and now several of our favorite shows are on there. I haven't had a chance to watch the premiere yet (spoilers ruin everyone's lives) but just knowing its on our DVR has been the best part of my week. Plus, Arthur Darvill looks endlessly badass here. Cannot. Wait. 

Both of my book clubs (yeah, that's right, I'm in two like a damn adult), are back in full swing and boy have they already picked some doozies. Our first book of the year in one of them was Celeste Ng's Everything I've Never Told You. It's an absolutely gorgeous novel- haunting, sad, and beautifully written. If you're up for a bit of a tearjerker, I would absolutely recommend it. 

Alright, our final thing might be sort of a "duh", but I have done a lot of thinking about it and I have to say it. I genuinely liked the new Star Wars. I had a lot (A LOT) of apprehension about it if I'm being honest. It would have been so easy to get it appallingly wrong. And don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect movie by any means. But even so, The Force Awakens was so so so much fun. I don't know why I wasn't expecting it to be fun, but it took me off guard. It was funny and charming and I had a blast watching it. At least half of the fun was the new cast members. I absolutely loved Rey, Finn, and Poe. 

The most important one, though, is that we are a week away from shooting our webseries! It's been a crazy, busy, exciting time and we're having a blast so far! 

Happy 2016!
CT



Comments

Popular Posts