Movie Crush Monday: CT & Hearts In Atlantis

Hello again dear readers! 

Well you've survived another Monday, and that's truly something to be proud of. So today we're going to talk about one of my favorite movies of all time, Hearts In Atlantis. I'm following Anton Yelchin over to this movie, and while I was looking over his filmography I remembered what a heck of an actor he is. 

And that's the biggest part of what I wanted to share with you about Hearts In Atlantis- the way it portrays childhood. I have this theory that there's a certain magic inherent in childhood, and I love movies that portray the magic in new and interesting ways. The story is based on a novella by Stephen King, who's one of the best at fitting magic in around the edges of a story set in the real world. 

The young actors in Hearts In Atlantis are absolutely phenomenal. Anton Yelchin is one of those actors that had a sense of gravitas in his work from moment one, and as he ages he's only getting better. But even here, as a pretty young kid, he lends his character a sense of the heartfelt. Bobby is a troubled kid, and Yelchin manages to balance that with a totally normal little-boy lightness. Mika Boorem is just as good, and the two of them form this beautiful team. 

Then there's Anthony Hopkins. The man is a master and that's all there is to it. He creates a character that's both incredibly powerful and at the same time viulnerable. Hopkins and Yelchin work so well in scenes together you forget that they aren't the same age. 

All in all, this is a beaut of a film. I think about it all the time, even when it's been years since I saw it. If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it more highly. And read the book! Hearts In Atlantis is based on just one of the stories in the book and they're all awesome and haunting. 

Happy watching! 
CT




Comments

Popular Posts