CT: That's A Wrap!

Oooooooh readers, I'm having approximately all the emotions tonight. I kept waiting to write this to see if I could pull it together and write like a grown up but apparently that's not going to happen. Also I'm running on so very little sleep and if you're a regular around these parts you know just how important sleep is to keeping me running at full capacity. So stay with me here. 

You all probably know (because Little C and I have barely talked about anything else) that we have been deep in production on our first webseries. It's been incredibly exciting and a heck of a lot of work. Over the last two nights we shot all five episodes with the most talented and hard-working cast and crew in the whole freaking world. 

As I mentioned, I'm having all the feelings about our shoot. It went better than we could have possibly hoped. We chose an ambitious project, and I mean extremely ambitious. It could have gone badly in so many ways I don't even know how to say it. But it didn't, and I'm so pleased with what we got. 

Ok so here's where I start getting soppy about the whole thing. 

What really blew me away about the whole process was the amount of love and support and buy-in we received from the people in our lives. Our sister Coco and her S.O. stopped by our first night to wish us luck and helped us get off to a great start. Other friends came by to drop off food for our cast and crew, and to just be excited with us. And not to mention our incredible and creative friends that lent their talents to us for the weekend. There were so many times this weekend that I looked around in awe at how many people were working so hard to make art with us. It's truly overwhelming to think about. 

Caitlin and I know how lucky we are. When I was fourteen I announced that I wanted to grow up to direct movies. It would have been so easy for my parents to dismiss that, to say "that's nice, dear, but how about a real profession?" What I got instead was "Great! How can we help?" I got books in directing and writing screenplays for my birthday, a camera to start making movies with, a full education on film history via our local Blockbuster. And it's never changed. Every step Little C and I have taken towards being writers has been met with boundless love and support from the people in our lives. 

This weekend was a dream come true. I can't wait to see a final cut of Prove It!, and to release it for all of you. But in the meantime, I'm just going to bask in the glow of fulfilling my fourteen year old self's dream. 

We'll be sure and keep you all updated as we get closer to a release. We did a little behind-the-scenes filming this weekend too, to let you into our process a bit. 

Okay so now that I've cried for the fifteenth time today about how happy I am, I'm going to go and sleep for about a week. 

Happy Watching and Much Love,
CT

Comments

  1. Congrats!!! I can't wait to see it! Now on to the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I can't wait to see it! Now on to the podcast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts