CT: Fresh Off The Boat

Something amazing has happened, readers! But for you to understand why it's so amazing, we're going to have to back the whole story up a little. 

Amidst all the writing and road-tripping and seeing movies, there's one thing that Little C and I almost never agree on: TV comedies. Between my extremely picky sense of humor (meaning that I pretty much don't think anything is funny) and Caitlin's aversion to the jerks that usually populate sitcoms, we pretty much wind up avoiding them altogether. Except Parks and Rec because that stuff is absolutely perfect. 

The only other exception to this rule was Manhattan Love Story last year, which was cancelled immediately. We still don't talk about that at our house. 

And that's why it is such a gorgeous, beautiful day when I can say that the two of us are OBSESSED with Fresh Off The Boat. 

Here's what works so well about it- I want to root for this family. With all the craziness, with all the adventures and misadventures, I want to hang out with them. The comedy works because there's heart behind it. Don't get me wrong, the writing is super sharp and the acting is always on point, but the genuine feelings of the family are what keep bringing me back. 

Ok well that and Constance Wu. Damn that woman is funny! 

Happy watching! 
CT 

Comments

Popular Posts