Little C: Misadventures

Hey readers. You may notice it's not Wednesday. You may notice it's barely Thursday still. I'm aware of both of these things as well. I'm so sorry, it was completely unavoidable. My punishment word is plethora. As in "Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?" Always the right time to quote 3 Amigos people!

Plethora: a large or excessive amount of something


Speaking of Mexican things (she said knowing it was a barely acceptable segue but also keeping an eye on the clock knowing that she has less than an hour to get through this) My new favorite band these days is San Diego's favorite Mexi-core band Pierce the Veil. I fell in love with them the way I fall asleep, in slow bursts that sometimes send me jerking upright feeling like I'm falling off a cliff. Sure my way is less romantic than John Green, but his lacked some realism... Anyway back to my frantically written point.

Don't tell me what to do!

I believe in music seasons the same way Christy does. But for me Summer means transitioning out of my plethora of acousticy spring music to the full blown pop-punk summer explosion. I need music that's fast and distorted and has some killer guitars on it. And God Bless this band, they check off everything on my list. Their newest CD came out a few weeks ago and it's barely left my car stereo. I'm in love guys. And it feels amazing. There are three songs I want to highlight but really I encourage you to support music and purchase a copy from your local record store.

Texas is Forever

Ok guys, I had to do a little research on this one, but if you listen very carefully what sounds like someone using a double bass pedal is actually just drummer Mike Fuentes tapping his kick drum at a super human speed. He manages to pound out of plethora of kick notes in a short amount of time. I'm somewhere between impressed and furious that he has that capability. Fair warning, this one gets a little screamy so if that's not your thing skip to the next song.



Gold Medal Ribbon

This is the song guys. This is my new summer jam. It's like a post emo punk song as written for a John Hughs film. It's spacey and driving and perfect and.... ugh. I want to crawl inside that breakdown and live there. I want to play that breakdown for certain bands and loudly shout "THIS IS HOW YOU DO A BREAK DOWN! TAKE NOTES!!!" 



Floral and Fading

Can't find a good video of this one that will let me embed, so just humor me and click on this link to youtube for me. It's this amazing sweet love song as written by a band that likes to scream most of the time. It's got this great hook and this bass line that float the guitars along, all of it accented by lyrics about wanting to lock yourself in your apartment with a new relationship and let the rest of the world fade away... you could say it has a plethora (counting it CT) of good qualities. I'm obsessed. It's a problem. Since I can't find you guys a video for it I will leave you with a picture of these freakin magicians. Click that link guys, you won't regret it. 


Happy summer, and happy listening!

Little C


Comments

Popular Posts