Movie Crush Monday: Little C and D.E.B.S.

Happy Monday, readers. I'm going to be honest, the last two days have weighed heavily on my heart. The news coming out of Orlando has been devastating and I'm having a lot of trouble processing. I will address all this a lot deeper on Weds when I've had time to pull myself and my thoughts together a little.

So sorry for the depressing prologue. Let's get into the post.

So when we last left off, CT had written about her deep deep DEEP undying love for The Fast and the Furious. As she wrote her post I told her, that she had to know exactly where this was leading me. I think her exact words were "Yeah yeah, you're totally following Jordana Brewster." I am, in fact, following Ms. Brewster from F&F to the campy indie lesbian comedy D.E.B.S.


Okay everyone, this is not going to be everybody's cup of tea. I wasn't joking when I said this movie was campy. It's about a group of college aged women being trained by the government to be super spies and who go around dressed like school girls. The lead character Amy got a perfect score on the secret test that the D.E.B.S. use to recruit girls into their ranks and she's about to graduate at the top of her class when she's sort of kidnapped sort of saved by criminal mastermind Lucy Diamond. 

Played by human perfection, Jordana Brewster

Lucy Diamond is one of my favorite characters. She's the head of this big criminal enterprise and she's really good at breaking the law, but her personal life is sort of in shambles. She's got dumped a year before the movie is set and when the government thought she was lying low to avoid being arrested she was actually having a year long emotional breakdown in Iceland. Also her best friend and second in command is a guy named Scud, and I cannot tell you how much I wanted a Scud in my life. Still do. 

He's rolling his eyes because she's threatening to blow up Australia

So for the days when life needs a little pick me up, or when for one reason or another I want to destroy an entire continent, this is the comedy that I go for. It's light, it's got a ton of heart, and even after the 1,000th time it still makes me laugh. 

Happy Watching,
Little C



Comments

Popular Posts