CT: Take It To The Stage

This is the third time I'm writing this post. I tell you that because I believe in being honest with you, and to let you know that it's a darn good thing that I'm rewriting my post (again) because the first two times were earlier today and I was grumpy as all get out. It was going to be a ranty post, not because anything in particular was rant-worthy, but because I was having one of those days when absolutely everything is irritating. Everything. Sorry, co-workers. I blame the moon eclipse thing (that's a thing, right?)...

So all day, all I wanted to do was come home and hide out under my bed listening to Frank Turner on repeat until today gave in and went away. The problem was that I'd already planned to see a friend's play tonight. While my introvert nature was screaming at me to cancel my plans and commence with the hiding, I knew that a little social-ness and a little art was just what the doctor ordered. 

I was so right. I'm so not grumpy anymore!

A little background, I grew up with a deep love for live theater. My parents are hard core believers in the arts, and I mean believers. My mom took us to Phantom of the Opera when I was probably too young to really get it, but I have so many clear memories of that performance and how delighted I was by the whole thing. And then there's our older sister Coco, who was performing in plays and musicals from moment one, and I've seen so many beautiful pieces because of her. 

It's ingrained in me. There's nothing that inspires me and makes me escape like a little live theater. There's an energy that happens between the performers on stage and the audience that creates a teeny world that only exists during the performance. The audience gets to step into a different world for a moment. And don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard TV/Film girl and I'm literally betting my career on that. 

But the stage is magic. And I'm deeply, deeply thankful for my gorgeous friend for helping remind me of that. 

Have a great weekend everyone!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts