Movie Crush Monday: CT & A League Of Their Own

Well everyone, we've survived another Monday here in 2017. And in my eyes, that's no small feat. So don't we all deserve a little treat?
Source

That's right folks, we're going to follow Lori Petty (eternal badass) from Little C's crush Point Break over to one of my absolute favorite films of all time. A League of Their Own is one of the first movies that I can remember where I was aware of the fact that a movie was about women. Not just any movie, but a sports movie. Even in my tiny CT mind, I knew that this was something special.

I've always been a fan of a sports movie. I can quote Miracle or Rudy right along with the film, to the delight/dismay of my sisters and roommate. I love the story of a team coming together; I love the story of people pushing themselves to become something more than they were before. And it's unique and wonderful to find a sports movie that's about women. A movie that does all the things I love about the genre while focusing on the specific struggles that women face in the same situation.
Source

But we have to talk a bit about the cast here. Basically it's a cast filled with absolute rockstars (figuratively and literally- looking at you, Madonna) and there's nothing anyone can say that makes me think anything different. Geena Davis, Rosie O'Donnell, Megan Cavanagh, Bitty Schram. And while this movie is about a group of awesome women, Tom Hanks comes in and gives one of my favorite of his performances.
Source

Listen, I'll tell you an unpleasant truth about the CT & Sports Movies love affair: I cry at the end of almost every single one. But nothing, NOTHING, makes me ugly cry the way that the end of A League Of Their Own does. The history of the women who came before us and put up with endless crap to pave a way for us is a story that's always close to my heart.

Plus, there's the line that will live forever in my family's hearts:
Source

Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts