Caitlin: 2015 (Year of the Geek)

Hello readers! I hope everyone enjoyed our first Movie Crush Monday. We will be switching off weeks for that so next week you guys have to sit through two of my posts. Suckers! Just kidding.

I trust everyone has had a successful reentry into their lives now that the holiday season is wrapped up for another year. I myself have spent most of this week either working or powering through entire seasons of Friends (Netflix knew I needed some me time, bless them).

I'm not down to share my milkshakes though. 

Today I want to talk about some of the things I'm looking forward to from 2015. We've got a whole year sprawling out in front of us and it promises to be filled with music and movies and all things nerdy. 

Movies- Everyone (myself included of course) is excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron. My step mother calls it "Hawkeye's Biceps". On a non-Whedon point though, Guillermo Del Toro's new film Crimson Peak debuts this year in October. It's going to be a gothic horror film starring everyone I've ever loved, so I will of course be in the first available showing of it and probably in the second available showing  as well. If you're looking for something that's a little closer to release, Jupiter Ascending is on screens February 6th. From the directing team that gave us The Matrix and V for Vendetta, so despite my slight allergy to Channing Tatum, I will see that one as well. 
I choose to focus on the Mila Kunis aspects.


TV- Gallavant premiered last Sunday. If you haven't seen it, it's everything you loved about the old Disney animated films from the 90s, but completely self aware. I fucking love it. Also the next season of Musketeers starts on BBC America this January and since on the other side of the pond the show got moved to a different channel, this season gets to be a little grittier. Let's hope that means more shirtless Aramis. 

And all the people said "Amen"

Music- Fall Out Boy has their new album coming out (In case you were worried about the worldwide shortage of snarky lyrics or catchy melodies). It's going to be hard for them to top 2013's Save Rock And Roll where they ended with a duet with Elton John, but the boys are gonna give it their best shot. I gotta hand it to these boys, they have managed to have more consistency and staying power than anyone else I listened to in high school and goddamnit it's nice to hear a guitar based song on the radio these days, she ranted, fully aware of how much like her father she was starting to sound... Their first single is already out, take a listen here. 


I would love to hear what you guys are excited for this year. Please leave your 2015 recommendations in the comments. 

Peace,
Little C


Comments

Popular Posts