CT: Agent Carter

Hellooooo Internet!

I come to you this week from a cabin waaaay in the way far mountains of Southern California. After a week where my roommates lovingly described me as "fragile", I'm at a friend's Bachelorette Weekend in the woods. And it's SOOOOOO pretty!

But what I really want to talk about this week is Agent Carter.

Holy freaking cow is this show cool. It can feel a little bit slow, but I think that's the very retro vibe that the whole show has. It's unique- there doesn't seem to be anything else on TV with the same tone.
Ugh, I die. Look at her freaking hat.
And let's just talk for a second about Peggy Carter herself. This is a girl that means huuuuge things for women's representation on TV. Literally the very first conversation that anyone has in the show is two women, both with names, talking about their jobs rather than about a guy. To pass the Bechdel Test with the very first scene of a show is making a statement and I for one am totally on board.

But the thing that impresses me the very most is how well rounded of a character Peggy is. She kicks every available kind of ass without blinking an eye, but she's not perfect. She's stubborn and holding onto an incredible amount of anger about the job that was basically stolen from her.
Suck it, Partriarchy!
And I have to be completely honest for a minute. I miss Alias. I miss Sydney and Jack and Will Tippen. And this show is beginning to fill that hole in my heart. I do think that the pace will pick up as the season moves forward, which will also help.

Basically, what we have here is a comic book TV show centered around a female lead. A lead who's an actual character rather than a caricature. And lo, it is glorious.

Much Peace,
CT

Comments

Popular Posts