CT: Let's Give It Up For The New Year

Hey Internet!

So this week Caitlin gave you a look at what nerdy and amazing things are coming down the pipe this year and I have to say that I am SUPER excited. There are soooo many amazing books and movies and records coming out this year. So I thought I'd do something similar, but on a more personal level.

I've never really been one for resolutions. It's so hard to tell what a year is going to hold that it doesn't make sense to me to make a to-do list of things to accomplish by the end of it. The furthest I've gotten is to choose a quality I'd like to see more of in myself by the end of the year. And even that was a tough one. Instead, what I like to do at the beginning of the year is to look forward into the year to come and see what's going to be coming my way. So here are the things that I'm looking forward to doing in 2015.

Running (lots of it)
Last year in January I ran my first half marathon, the Tinkerbell Half at Disneyland. "Ran" might be a strong word for what happened, but I finished it nonetheless and it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I have a handful of crazy running friends who bring joy and hilarity into what could be a horrible, painful sport, and the neverending support of my stepmom. So this year we're taking it up a notch.
It's so pretty! I want another one!
The Tinkerbell weekend lands in May this year and in a fit of "what are we thinking?" we signed up for both the 10K and the Half Marathon. For those of you keeping score at home, that's 6 miles on Saturday and 13 miles on Sunday. Which is bonkers. I'll do a longer post about why I've chosen this insane sport, but for now just know that every spare moment in the next 5 months is going to be a combination of "I'm getting one step closer!" and "Kill me now!".

Writing
This one is kind of a duh for a blog kept by two writers, but Caitlin and I have some exciting writing things planned this year. We're working on a new spec right now which is turning out to be one of my favorite things we've ever written. It's a totally different ballgame to write for a world that's not yours, but we're having a blast so far. We're also working on a few shorts, and hoping to produce them this year. Short form is a blast, and it's been an awesome exercise for us to think of things that can be told, start to finish, in a few minutes.
Soooo much of this. 
Our third project for the year is a feature that we've been working on with an independent production company for a while now. One of us will be sure to give an update when we're able to give more details, but it's looking like it's going to be a really fun project to finish up this year.

Music
Cait and I both come from a pretty music-heavy background, and even though neither of us is pursuing it as a career anymore, we find plenty of ways to keep music in our lives. For me, the biggest part of that in the coming year will be having my bass home. I played string bass for a bazillion years before I went to film school, and my beloved bass has been sitting in my sister's house in Colorado since I went to college. Part of the reason that I roadtripped home to Colorado for Christmas was to drive my bass back to California with me.

It's now sitting in our living room, but already my fingers are itching to play it. I realized today that I need about a million little things to really play well (rosin or sheet music, anyone?). So my goal this weekend is to track down all those things and get playing.

I hope all of your 2015's are off to a good start. It feels like it's going to be a good year, right?

What are you looking foward to in your lives this year?

Cheers!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts