Little C: The Olympics Cometh

Readers, it's almost here. The summer Olympics start in a few short days and as the entire country threatens to tear itself apart over this stupid election, it's nice to know that we will all come together for a few short hours each night as we become one voice and route for the USA to triumph in water polo.

Not to sound biased, but the women are winning the costume games

My family takes the Olympics seriously. Mainly we care about the big draws like gymnastics and soccer, but I've watched sisters scream at the TV, accusing the judges of bad calls in sports we neither play nor understand. Because for one week ever two years the only thing that really matters is pride in our country and its athletes. And that Russia looses as often as possible. Because like any good sports movie, the Russians are the enemy.

Shots fired *pew pew pew*


But since we are also a little competitive in my family we have a small side game going. See we all looked at a list of countries who have won less than ten medals at every Olympics and picked two teams. For every gold medal that one of our countries gets we get three points. Two for silver and one for bronze. And if Azerbaijan medals we all get those points because Caroline set up the game and she doesn't think Azerbaijan is a real place. I'm trying to convince her to give us points for all of Gondor's medals as well. I'll keep you updated. 

Of course there's a picture for that. God bless us, every nerd

So next week as soon as I'm off work (or possibly during my break) you will find me glued to coverage of the Rio games. May our athlete's perform well, and survive the terrifically hazardous conditions of Brazil long enough to take their place on the podium. Also may Mexico and Serbia be the come from behind stories of the year so that I triumph in the family games. 

USA! USA! USA!
Little C

Comments

  1. I have Puerto Rico...because I am a shark from West Side Story of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you've been lying to us most of our lives, because you always said you were a Jet

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts