CT: EIGHT EPISODES??!?!

Readers, I'm writing this from the fetal position under my bed. Why oh why oh WHYYYYYYY are there only eight episodes of Stranger Things???? I am in a dark, twisty realm of despair. I am obsessed with this show and these amazing kids and the idea that I'll have to wait a year (or longer) for more episodes is killing my soul.

Fresh off the carnival of disappointment that was Suicide Squad, I needed a bit of a palate cleanser. So, I thought tonight was the perfect time to get fully caught up on Stranger Things. I've been really careful to stretch out watching this show, because I wanted it to last. I think it's so tempting to just binge watch every episode when Netflix puts things out, but there's something really great about savoring each episode, about making yourself wait between parts of the story.

Except that tonight things got the better of me and I FINISHED the show. I thought that there were 13 episodes. I thought that I would watch a few and still have some to see later. I was so wrong, readers. I was so wrong. There were only eight and now there are none and everything is awful.

I do this a lot. Or rather, I don't. I hate hate hate to have finished a show or a book or anything. I love to watch them, but I absolutely hate when it's over. So often times I don't. If I know that a show is going to get another season, I'll wait to watch the last couple of episodes until the new season happens. And if it isn't going to get another season, I, uh, just don't ever watch those last couple episodes. It's a habit that drives Little C absolutely insane. Not every show obviously- there are tons that I keep 100% up to date with. Plus, I'm slowly getting better about it.

But it's my instinct, every single time, to wait on watching the last few episodes. That way, I get to stay in the middle of the adventure for just a little while longer.

Hope you're all having a great week and Happy Olympics! For the record, my made up team is totally going to win.
CT

Comments

Popular Posts