Movie Crush Monday: Little C and Hocus Pocus

IT'S MONDAY!!!!!!! Welcome readers, I've spent several hours watching the Olympics and I AM PUMPED! Also because CT did Newsies last week, I can follow the director Kenny Ortega to Hocus Pocus! AAAAAAH!


CT doesn't care for this movie the way that I do, but I more than make up for that by harboring a deep and abiding adoration for everything about it. The story of the stupid kids who accidentally summon the Sanderson Sisters back from the dead on Halloween is a cherished part of my childhood. And as someone who rewatches it every year, I can tell you it holds up. It's just as fun now as it always was. 


My favorite things about this movie is the relationship between Max and Dani. They are siblings who genuinely love each other and look out for each other even as they have all the normal sibling arguments. Dani rats Max out to his crush, Max lashes out at Dani because he's angry with their parents. But at the end of the day over and over they put each other first when actual danger is present. 


The other set of siblings, the Sanderson sisters themselves, are just as real. They are both the comedic relief and the horror of the film. They manage to walk this very fine line because, yes they are immortal witches who suck the life force out of children but also they can't help but bicker and undo their own plans half the time. 



I know Halloween is still several months away, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to  gush about this movie with you guys. 

Happy Haunting
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts