CT: The Cat Bully

Hello, my name is CT and I have a confession to make. Well, two confessions. The first is that I'm a day late because it seemed imperative to Cait and I that we see The Huntsman: Winter's War last night (spoilers- the makeup is stunning and the plot left making sense behind long ago). My punishment word is: vindicated. 


Not that kind of vindicated. Calm down High School CT.

The second is that I am being bullied by my cat. And I may have brought it on myself. 

Here's the thing- when I adopted teeny tiny Ron Weasley from the shelter, I was highly concerned with whether or not he would be happy with me. I know it's crazy because he's a cat, but it seemed very important that he feel loved. Which was an easy thing to do because I went head-over-heels, zero to Cat Lady in no time at all. Because this is how freaking cute this cat is:

And I felt vindicated in all this because now he is the happiest, most confident cat in all of history. All those nights of rubbing his teeny tiny tummy and whispering "You're the King of the Jungle" to him have paid off in spades. He is the king of his tiny kingdom, with the exception of Cait's cat who hates him with a vengeance, as well as me for bringing him to our home in the first place. Lex and Cait make gagging noises when I get all mushy about him. They say I'm spoiling him.

Cait, Lex, and Roxy (Cait's cat), all felt some vindication when Ron developed this habit of pushing absolutely everything in our house off of the surface it was on. Pens got pushed off of desks, the little paper roses Cait made for our mantel were always on the floor, allll my eyeshadow suddenly belonged in pieces on the bathroom floor. It's an awful habit, and one that no amount of spraying him with a waterbottle will break.

But here's where the real problem began. Little Ron Weasley loves to sleep with me. He's a snuggler, which (again) always makes me feel vindicated for spoiling him. Whose cat loves to sleep with them? And he's really at his most precious when he's sleeping so it's never been a problem. Except that for the last week, every night has ended with me either sleeping in a tiny corner of the bed or bleeding in several places. He starts the night every night curled up sweetly next to me, then gradually spreads out until I'm shoved further and further out of my spot.

And you can't reason with him. I've tried explaining that I'm the human with the job who buys the catfood but he just doesn't care. And when you try to move him, the first thing that happens is that he goes completely boneless, and then he draws blood.



It's a real situation, readers. Not one that's going to be resolved soon, because every time I try to yell at him he shows me his (ridiculously cute) tummy and the cycle starts all over again. So help a sister out. Vindicate my belief that I'm not the only one getting pushed around by an adorable, fuzzy bully.

Cheers!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts