CT: This Is An Abomination

Ok guys I have held my tongue long enough. I've been good and decided to hold off judgement, but I have hit the end of my rope and now there are things that need to be said: 

The Pete's Dragon remake is an abomination

That all there is to it. It's an abomination and it needs to be stopped for the good of all humanity. 

Let me provide a bit of rationale here. We'll start with the fact that Pete's Dragon (the real Pete's Dragon, the one with integrity) is a dang national treasure. This movie is sweet and heartfelt and deals with things like feeling abandoned or finding a sense of family. 

Not to mention that it has some of the best music of any of the Classic Disney movies. "Candle On The Water" is beautiful and moving, and the song that Pete and Elliot sing at the beginning still makes me cry from cuteness. 

So here's what gets my cowgirl up: they keep saying that the remake will 1) have a very different story from the original and 2) have no singing. No. Singing. What is this madness? What is the point?!? 

Then, they debuted this photo: 

What in the hell is this craziness??!?!!? I can't. I cannot even put words to my outrage. 

For all you judgy folks, yes, I will still do my best to keep an open mind. But I'm telling you, this is not Pete's Dragon. It's just not. So call it something else. 

Rant over. Have a great weekend everyone! 
CT

Comments

Popular Posts