12th Day of (TV) Christmas: Gilmore Girls

Well for Day 12, we thought we'd do something a little different and talk all about our favorite Lords A Leaping and Ladies Dancing and so we'll kick that off with...

Haha, just kidding friends. We're keeping it simple and heading over to the quaint, charming weirdness of Stars Hollow for a day of Gilmore Girls holiday fun!

Image from IMDb

The Bracebridge Dinner is one of my favorite episodes of this show. It's peak Gilmore charm and melodrama, starting with the setup: The inn is hosting a fancy, medieval themed dinner and the whole town jumps in. This is exactly the kind of crazy small town wackiness that always makes me wish I lived in Stars Hollow and got to participate in themed costume dinners. But alas, I live in the real world with work responsibilities that don't involve auditioning harpists.

Back to the episode! In amidst the preparations for the themed dinner, Rory is trying to fend off the growing problems between her boyfriend Dean (a ridiculously baby-faced Jared Padalecki) and the  adorable angst of bad-boy Jess (Milo Ventimiglia). Which is totally crazy, because there is just no competition. Jess was the best. I will not argue this point, friends.

Image from IMDb

Also, as a fun side note, Paris talking to her Portuguese nanny inspired me to take a semester of Portuguese in college which was super fun but probably not a great use of my adult time. But I did have a good time so there's that!

I really enjoyed watching Emily and Richard at the dinner, making conversation with the townsfolk. It's a blending of worlds that could have been stocky and awkward but it's a fun ride. Man, do I miss Edward Hermann. What a loss. 

But to be real, this episode makes me so excited for the holidays. Sleigh rides and love triangles and fancy dinners and snowman contests and it all makes me want to snuggle up and watch Holiday Inn.

Image from IMDb

Happy Watching readers!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts